[PD] Path issue with Pd-extended 0.43.4 on Win7 x64

Randall Alley irissky2 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 5 16:27:15 CET 2013

Ok, I found figured out a little more on this issue. I had installed
using the windows installer to my d: drive, where I sequester my audio
applications:

D:\Program Files (x86)

Using this program location, libraries do not load whether I use:
C:\Users\rga\AppData\Roaming\Pd
or
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Pd

But when I install to:
C:\Program Files (x86)

Then the libraries load, from either the AppData or Common Files path.

I still get the error message on startup:
Cannot read plugins folder: 'C:/Program Files (x86)/pd/%SystemRoot%/Fonts'

This path looks malformed, since %SystemRoot% itself is: C:\Windows

This would yield:
'C:/Program Files (x86)/pd/C:/Windows/Fonts'

Which of course doesn't exist.

Thanks for the help, now that I can load libraries I should be able to
move ahead with 0.43.4

I am noticing several errors with trying out the various built in
libraries. Would those be reported here, or to the library maintainer ?

Regards,
Randy