[PD] Fwd: Fwd: file format for GEM

Stephan Elliot Perez dreamoftheshoreofanotherworld at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 15:41:22 CET 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stephan Elliot Perez <dreamoftheshoreofanotherworld at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Subject: Re: [PD] Fwd: file format for GEM
To: IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>

Hi again,
         I have tried converting to .mov with the photo-jpeg and
motion-jpeg codecs, but each time, whether it be with MPEG-Streamclip or
Adobe Premiere, the conversion fails near the end. I thought that perhaps
there might be be a limit to the space allowed to me on the school's
computer, but I find that unlikely...
         So I still have the problem with some clips (and only with a few)
that they are very laggy when played back as .mov files. In Adobe Premiere
in the .mts format (AVCHD), this was not a problem. Then I converted them
using the Apple Intermediary Codec. Does someone know the cause of this?

Thanks,
Stephan