[PD] enhance pd-extended with pd-l2ork featues ?

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Wed Feb 6 21:01:32 CET 2013

Hi,

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> On 2013-02-06 14:20, Charles Goyard wrote:
> > I guess it's more a bug of Gem install script rather than pd-l2ork,
> > but I just wanted to point that out.
> Gem's "install script" (aka Makefile) installs everything, including
> all compiled backends.
> what makes you say that there is a bug here?

You're right. I tried from crash with Gem alone and everything is ok:
make clean
git pull
aclocal
./autogen.sh
# ^-- btw this two commands are missing from the readme.txt
./configure --with-pd=/opt/pd-vanilla-0.43/ --prefix=/opt/gem
make
sudo make install

When all goes smooth on first time, everything is ok.
However, it seems that if something fails during compilation and you
rerun make, then the .so files are not copied if they were produced by
the former run of make. It already occured to me when building
pd-extended a few months back. It can be a dependency problem in the
various targets, a bug in make, something wrong with my system, a
personal problem with my cat... Whatever the cause, I get a source
directory with everything: sources, gem.pd_linux and *.so, and an install
directory with everything but the *.so files (yes, the gem.pd_linux gets
copied).

I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature, so apologizes for using the
wrong word. Maybe it's worth writing in the README.txt what a make clean
can be necessary on some cases.