[PD] Raspberry Pi : DSP on the GPU ? (WAS : Message from the boss of Raspberry Pi Foundation !)

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 13:51:30 CET 2013

Hi again Katja,

I just read through it. Couldn't find anything about having the GPU process
some audio. It's really mostly about why it's a bad (or good) thing to keep
the GPU closed-source (at least that's what I understand [?]).

So I guess there isn't must we can do on our own to access the GPU. But
then, what can Eben and his team do about it ? I'd like to know what answer
we can give him. If he says "just waiting for an application like this" I
am assuming that it must have aroused his interest somehow. And I believe
that it would be great if people in the Pd community got involved. All I
can provide is some testing, but others could contribute more (if i'm not
mistaken, Miller Puckette did a great job fixing the analog out for
instance). I think we should try and play a part in the development of the
Pi. And if we're lucky we'll finally have that Pd box people have been
dreaming about for years.

Cheers,

Pierre.