[PD] Raspberry Pi : DSP on the GPU ? (WAS : Message from the boss of Raspberry Pi Foundation !)

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sat Feb 9 19:51:43 CET 2013

> >> I/O options.  Why not get something not totally out of date to begin with?
> >>
> > My personal reasons for being attracted to the Pi are, 1, that it's vastly
> > better engineered and supported than other linux+ARM solutions I've seen;
> > and 2, although I'm not sure about this, it seems to dissipate much less
> > power
> > than ARMV7 soutions making it easier to make standalone gadgets with it.
>
> So are there low-cost battery packs made to go with it that are "plug and go"?
> From what I read it sounds really tricky.
>
> -Jonathan
I don't know what specifically people are doig, just that there are projects
popping up all the time in which people use Pis in autonomous devices that
fly or drive around.  I'm actually planneng to give this a first try myself
tomorrow at Crashspace in LA (http://blog.crashspace.org/ - second posting
down) - but I'll be borrowing a battery pack from Joe Deken of New Blankets
who's helping instigate the event.

cheers
Miller