[PD] RPi - GEM openGL

João de Brito Rocha Reis Vidigal jbvidigal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 13:45:37 CET 2013

Hi guys.

I'm almost back from the dead for what concerns this list... Well... I'm almost back from the dead for what concerns PD at all!!! Let's Just say that almost 3years have passed!

Anyways, to my questions!

Ok, so the issue, as pretty self explanatory as the subject of this email can be, has to do with the in vogue RPi.
I have this old patch I built 3 years ago. At the time I was using an arduino to trigger some video/audio in PD.
It's for an interactive video installation.
So, I even bought a miniMac to work with it... Works just fine.
However, I wanted to reduce/minimise the hardware... An besides after all this time, the miniMac became part of the well functioning of my house.
So I thought: why not try to get this patch in a RPi?
Got hold of one, read shit loads of stuff about it, prepared it, installed it, got PD in... So to realise that the bastard is not working.
Damn...
Read more and more.
So it seems that this is a "contemporary" matter going on. GEM doesn't work on openGL ES...

The thing is, I need a GEM window (or so I think!) to do this.
Is there ANY work around this issue?
Ideas? Plans? Jokes!!???

Thanks guys
JV