[PD] Fwd: libmp3lame.0 not the good version embedded in pd-extended 0.43.4 / osx intel

Nicolas Montgermont nicolas_montgermont at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 14 01:43:30 CET 2013

I know I may be one of the latest users of mp3amp but unfortunately I
can't use reandanysf~ for that project...
What I'm saying is there is a difference between the libmp3lame embedded
in the release of pd-extended and the libmp3lame in fink, and I think
this is making mp3amp crashing.

Two examples:
here, mp3amp crash in pd-extended 0.43-4 but
- If I use the unauthorized lib contained in the "artefact" build on
jenkins and put it in ~/Library/Pd, it ask me for libmp3lame in
/sw/lib/, then if I download the lib with fink, it doesn"t crash anymore.
- or if I overwrite the libmp3lame contained inside the pd-extended
release with the one in fink, it doesn't crash neither.

So what I'm pointing is there may be an error on the libmp3lame file
that is embedded with pd-extended.
But I don't know the embedding process, so I can't describe more.

I have a solution for myself, but I am searching for a long time
universal solution, and I think Pd-extended is a good option.

I hope this is clear?
Thanks for your help.
Best,

ps: sorry if this mail come twice, I have mail software trouble.

http://nim.on.free.fr