[PD] Fwd: libmp3lame.0 not the good version embedded in pd-extended 0.43.4 / osx intel

Nicolas Montgermont nicolas_montgermont at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 14 12:26:25 CET 2013

Le 14/02/13 02:28, Charles Z Henry a écrit :
> The first thing I would check is what library the external expects to
> find.
> run "dyldinfo" on your mp3amp~.pd_darwin file  (it would be "ldd" in
> linux)
I don't really understand the dyldinfo option, but I've tested with
otool on the two versions of mp3amp~.pd_darwin. Loading path are as
expected :mp3amp with pd-extended search for the one in pd-extended and
mp3amp in template-libraries build search for no one (i think it must be
using standard path search). But once again both versions of mp3amp
works if they load the good libmp3lame.

> That will tell you what libraries it expects to see and if libmp3lame
> isn't in a typical system location or in the library search path, it
> says "not found"
it is embedded in Pd-extended in Contents/lib

> Do the libraries have different names/versions or the is it the same?

pd-extended's is : libmp3lame.0.dylib
fink's is : libmp3lame.0.0.0.dylib with a symbolic link
they look the same with otool -L but they have different sizes...

http://nim.on.free.fr