[PD] Changing the defaul language in 0.43

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Feb 15 15:54:35 CET 2013

Pd-extended should use the same language that the user is using.  If not, its
a bug.  Pd-extended on Mac OS X looks at what language the Dock is configured
in and uses that.  Apparently, this is not reliable, since I guess people buy
systems in one language, then use them in another, and the Dock doesn't seem
to respect that change.  You can check the language of your Dock and your
global locale by running this in the Terminal:

defaults read com.apple.dock loc
defaults read NSGlobalDomain AppleLocale

The easiest fix it to probably set the language of the Dock like this:

defaults write com.apple.dock loc en_US

I have no idea why its failing on Windows, maybe for a similar reason.  As far
as I could tell, Pd-extended uses the 'proper' registry value:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International

Could you send the value of that registry key on machines that fail to respect
the user setting?

.hc