[PD] How to force OSS MIDI via command line argument

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Fri Feb 15 19:36:25 CET 2013

This is probably something I should fix... MIDI used to default to 'OSS'
on linux and now defaults to 'alsa' - but I'm not sure that's really
the appropriate default.  In any event, since it now defaults to alsa we
clearly need a 'ossmidi' flag!

In the meantime, I put this in my .pdsetting o nthe pi so I can get OSS
MIDI by default, and then it's possible again to say -alsamidi to override
that to get ALSA if needed.

cheers
Miller