[PD] IR reverb and partconv~

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 11:54:34 CET 2013

Hello,

While readin Katja's website i discovered the [partconv~] object from Ben
Saylor's library. I had actually used it long time ago with some IR
reverbs, but I then judged the latency to big to be usable live.
I gave it another shot this morning, and realized that the partition size
could be set in [partconv~]. A lower partition size reduced the latency to
something usable, which is cool, but it also cuts the tail of the reverb
(it sounds very unnatural will low partition sizes).

Could somebody please explain to me whether it is possible to fix this
behaviour ?

Cheers,

Pierre.