[PD] Fwd: libmp3lame.0 not the good version embedded in pd-extended 0.43.4 / osx intel

Nicolas Montgermont nicolas_montgermont at yahoo.fr
Sun Feb 17 12:34:55 CET 2013

Le 15/02/13 21:14, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

>> fink describe lame-shlibs
>> shows it is version 3.98.4-1
>>
>>> Indeed.  Also, is this is 32-bit i386 build or the 64-bit x86_64 build of
>>> Pd-extended?
>> 32 bits i386.
> The Mac OS X build servers have 3.99.5-2 installed on them and Pd-extended
> 0.43.4 shipped with 3.99.5.  Ubuntu as of 12.10/quantal has 3.99.5 also. I'm
> on 12.04/precise, which has 3.99.3 and mp3amp~ doesn't crash on load but I
> also can't get it to playback a stream.
Yes it's not on the loading of the object but when a stream is played.
 From what i see in the svn, a problem may be that mp3amp compiles
against local headers located in the unauthorized folder: mpg123.h,
mpglib.h and interface.h
maybe those headers are not compatible with 3.99 version, they are from
lame 3.92

> I still don't really know what the cause of the issue is. If the library
> version is the issue, then sounds like mp3amp~ needs to be fixed to work with
> 3.99.5 since all the distros are moving to that.
I tried to debug the problem a bit but can't manage to use gdb, it says
me "no stack" when i try to backtrace.

> I just rebuilt the lame package from scratch on the Mac OS X 10.5 i386 32-bit
> machine.  Could you test tomorrow's nightly build and see if it still has the
> problem?
I didn't found any fresh 0.43-4 build so tried with the 0.44.0 build and
it still have the problem.
thx

http://nim.on.free.fr