[PD] gui-plugins

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Feb 18 00:08:26 CET 2013

There are a few ways to change the colors of the cords:

* using the global variables $::signal_cord/$::signal_nlet and
$::msg_cord/$::msg_nlet, i.e. you could add this to a GUI plugin:

    set signal_cord green
    set signal_nlet pink
    set msg_cord darkblue
    set msg_nlet red

* using the Tk tag 'cord' and sending a command to the patch's Tk canvas,
which you can do in a GUI plugin, in response to when its loaded, when it
changed Editmode, etc.

bind all <<Loaded>> "%W itemconfigure cord -fill yellow -width 1"

 * you can also do that in a patch, and per-patch, use [hcs/canvas_name] to
get the canvas ID, then send that to this message:

  [$1 itemconfigure cord -fill yellow -width 1(

The width is optional, but I thought I'd throw it in there to play with.
There are other was with GUI plugins too, like using the Tk option command,
with or without the tags.  I'm going to add more info about the Tk tags to the
API wiki:

http://puredata.info/docs/guiplugins/GuiPluginsAPI

.hc