[PD] gui-plugins

Rob Bothof rbothof at xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 18 02:00:17 CET 2013

On 2/18/2013 1:41 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On 02/17/2013 06:55 PM, Rob Bothof wrote:
>> thanks,
>>
>> would it be possible to change the color a cord has when connecting one object
>> to another ?
> You mean different colors for different cords depending on which objects it
> connected?  That would be possible, but would be a project.  You'd have to
> find a way to maintain the IDs/tags for each object and each cord and
> colorized based on that.  Pd currently doesn't have any way to store that
> state, so you would have to write whatever state saving you want.
that would be interesting aswell :)
but I mean when you click and drag on an outlet to connect a new cord to
another object,
i think before it actually becomes a *real* cord, it show a black line
so you can see where you are dragging the line,
on a black background this is invisible.

either way it's a minor detail, it is still workable as the inlets and
outlets light up
>> for the gui objects like bang, toggle slider etc i've come up with an approach
>> of which i'm wondering if it would work to some extend through
>> making changes to the put-menu.
>> i've traced the tcl menu, to put for example a toggle in the patch, it sends
>> the command: pdsend $window "toggle"
>>
>> would it be possible to supply creation arguments for the objects here ?
> Not using that command.  If you want to do that, then you want to do the
> standard dynamic patching commands.  You can find documentation for that in
> manuals -> pd-msg.
great! I was looking into that and i've managed to get it working now
i can put a big black toggle from the menu with pdsend
"$::focused_window obj 20 20 toggle 50 0 empty empty test 50 10 0 20 22
23 24 1 1"

thanks!
Rob