[PD] GUI abstraction issues

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 06:02:02 CET 2013

>________________________________
> From: Esteban Viveros <emviveros at gmail.com>
>To: Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com>
>Cc: PD-list list <pd-list at iem.at>
>Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:09 PM
>Subject: Re: [PD] GUI abstraction issues
>

>Very helpful!!
>

>Thanks!

No problem.  But it occurs to me that in all the
standard documentation that text is only
for the names of the methods accepted by
that inlet. There probably needs to be a
separate place to specify text for the
description of the inlet as well.  I'll try to think
of an easy way to make that distinction
possible in the [pd META] patch.

That doesn't really affect your use case,
but general purpose abstractions and
externals should probably stick to method
names there.

Btw-- you can also use "DESCRIPTION foo bar"
to display "foo bar" in the tooltip when mousing
over the abstraction itself.

-Jonathan