[PD] Multi-channel sound from pd on raspberry pi: can someone confirm?

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Tue Feb 19 15:49:24 CET 2013

Hi,

> I'm trying to find a straight answer to this question in the forums.
> Is anyone using pd on Rpi with more than two channels of audio output?
> and is it sounding ok?

I did (aureon usb 7.1), and it sound bad as soon as more than 2 channels
are involved. Even with huge latency and buffers. Lowering the
samplerate helps, but does not fix.

I also tried outputting with more than 2 channels via HDMI, it exhibits
the same problem. So a hdmi to analog audio won't help.

It's not pd that's in cause, it fails too with omxplayer.

I believe there MIGHT be a way : output DTS or AC3 straight to hardware,
maybe embedded in a blank video sequence. But then your options are
rather limited for what you can do with pd.

++
Charlot