[PD] using puredata to play playlist gapless

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Feb 19 19:55:51 CET 2013

Pd will play all files gapless, according to their file length.  The 'gap'
problem mostly refers to the MP3 format, which encodes the audio in fixed
frame length.  So if your song doesn't fit neatly into a multiple of the fixed
frame length, you get a gap, i.e. the leftover part of the last frame is
filled with silence.  That's a problem with the MP3 format that basically all
other file formats don't have.

.hc