[PD] using puredata to play playlist gapless

Dafydd Hughes dafydd61 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 03:15:17 CET 2013

Oh silly me. You need to look at the syntax for using readsf~ - it's more
complicated. First, readsf~ needs an open message e.g. "open 001test.wav",
then it needs a "1" to start playback. Forgive me if you already know this,
but you can string 2 messages together with a comma. And to get the
filename from textfile into a message like that, you need to use $1 as a
placeholder. So between textfile and readsf~ you need a message saying
something like "open $1, 1". That'll turn into 2 messages: "open
001test.wav" and then "1". If the files are in the same directory as the
patch, it should work (I think).

Cheers
Dafydd