[PD] LibPD <- Vanilla only ?

Фывапр Олджэвич tofuckof at inbox.ru
Thu Feb 21 01:01:07 CET 2013

 Dear List !

Are here some people, who worked with LibPD ?

I'm on a way of trying to make pd-driven sampler for a portable platforms (iOS, Android).

The sampler should use GPS-data, somehow transmitted to PD. So i know that this kind of ideas were already succesfully made with PD by RjDj.

I know that LibPD is the only way to embed the sound engine to external code.

questions right now:

1) Is LibPD working with Vanilla version of PD only ?

Or maybe I can programm in Extended, but not using extra libraries ?

2) can the LibPD recieve OSC or some other way an external data ? in my case we want it to recieve GPS coordinates and maybe some data from the device sensors... ( it is meant to be smartphone)

And is it done the same way as in extended ?

Thankyou very much !