[PD] LibPD <- Vanilla only ?

Peter Brinkmann peter.brinkmann at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 21 06:39:46 CET 2013

libpd itself only tracks Pd Vanilla, but you can use externals with it. On
platforms the support dynamic libraries (e.g., Android), you can just build
and package your externals like any other native binary, and libpd will be
able to use them (as long as the binaries are on the search path, but there
are utilities in pd-for-android that take care of that for you). On
platforms that don't support dynamic libraries (e.g., iOS), you can still
link externals with your app, you just have to manually initialize them.
The pd-for-ios wiki explains how.

About sending GPS coordinates to libpd, the easiest way to do this is to
use the libpd's message passing mechanism, no need for OSC or other
networking. To get an idea how this works, look at the way the ScenePlayer
app in pd-for-android handles accelerometer values.
Hope this helps,
     Peter