[PD] pd-l2ork feedback

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri Feb 22 22:37:49 CET 2013

One clarification now that I read your report more carefully. Mknob
makes abstraction movement slower because this is the
old/non-accelerated pd way of moving things. The new pd-l2ork model
falls back on that when at least one object in the abstraction does not
support accelerated moving. Once I get to fixing the mknob to support
accelerated displace, this will be fixed. I am still surprised to hear
this is taking 5 minutes, though. Is this an exaggeration or truly 5
minutes?

Also, if you are undoing objects that are non-accelerated or complex
abstractions, you are running into same problems because you are moving
and redrawing non-accelerated way...

Is the same slowness perceived on regular pd when moving the said
abstraction?

On 02/22/2013 03:34 PM, András Murányi wrote:
> So, I've played around with the last git, here are some things I've
> noticed:
> - miXed/toxy is not in pd-l2ork and it's perfectly alrite because some
> kinds of [widget] work while others not.
> - [flatgui/popup] is installed by default but it throws an error when
> clicked on: Invalid command name "pdtk_canvas_mouse".
> - moving a simple GOP abstraction with a single [mknob] in it takes
> like 5 minutes (!) on a 2.4GHz dual core when the patch is big. It's
> fast however when the patch is simple. Undoing the movement is not
> instant but it is quick (~5sec).
> - nested GOP subpatches show off their outlines and xlets.
>
> --
> Murányi András

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology
Director, DISIS Interactive Sound & Intermedia Studio
Director, L2Ork Linux Laptop Orchestra
Head, ICAT IMPACT Studio
Virginia Tech
Department of Music