[PD] share-mem lib

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Mon Feb 25 17:17:37 CET 2013

Hi,

Cyrille Henry wrote:

> looking at the thread, i was assuming that the question was about
> shmem, but it look more like a question about pix_share_write.

Yes, it was, but since I failed to find the code of shmem (now I found
it on svn), I assumed it was the same thing as pix_share_* (and then
forgot about the general purpose of shmem). Sorry for the confusion.

Anyway, since I want to share video frames, pix_share sounds good.

Now as IOhannes points out, v4l2loopback is certainly more standard, and
probably fast enough. So maybe I'll start with this and explore the
other way round if I get a bottleneck. I can output to v4l with
pix_record and the v4l2 backend, that's right ?

Thanks to all,
Charles