[PD] file format for GEM

Cyrille Henry ch at chnry.net
Tue Feb 26 22:16:29 CET 2013

hello,
Gem is mostly design to work on the GPU, and not on the CPU.
GPU have hundreds of core, they are faster than CPU for image manipulations.

pix_add come from the 20th century and should now be avoid since it use cpu not gpu ;-)

in order to make a fade transition between 2 videos, you can use transparency on one video.
add a [alpha] object after Gemhead, and send number between 0 and 1 in the last inlet of the colorRGB object to make the video appear / disapear.

cheers