[PD] Controlling / looping a list of audio files loaded in by reading a text file.

Rick T ratulloch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:04:22 CET 2013

Greetings All

I'm trying to control how a text file with a list of audio files in it
are read/played.

Example:
I have a text file which is read and plays several audio files one
right after the other till the end.  I would like to have it read/play
the text file list in reverse, forward, or loop play on the current
file.

So if I have a text file with.
one.wav,
two.wav
three.wave

When a button is clicked for Forward it reads the text file and plays
the audio files like:
one.wav
two.wav
three.wav

When a button is clicked for Reverse  it reads the text file and plays
the audio files like:
three.wav
two.wav
one.wav

When a button is clicked for Loop  it reads the text file and plays
the audio files like:
one.wav
two.wav
two.wav
two.wav .... until I cancel the loop or hit another button to go
forward or reverse

I've gotten the buttons to work as a selection but I'm having issues
in getting the text list to change directions and loop.  I was
thinking of using a list to read in all the lines in the text file but
I wasn't sure how to get the list to read/play in the forward,
reverse, and loop options.  Is their another way I should be trying to
do this?  I've attached what I have so far.

Thanks