[PD] create/access udp sockets from within pd

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Mar 1 13:38:48 CET 2013

On 03/01/2013 01:15 PM, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> Why are you assuming it is broken in Pd-extended?

i'm not.
matthias said that it didn't work.
i was offering possible reasons (wrong usage, broken binaries), and how
to fix them.
i hope (and am pretty confident), that the PdX binaries work.

> Actually, it seems to have glitches. With above setup, right after
> connecting [udpclient] to the netcat server, you cannot send anything
> from netcat to the client. Only after sending at least one packet from
> [udpclient], it flushes all messages it has received from the server
> since the connection. From this point in time, the communication works
> instantly both ways.
>
> This is on Linux (Ubuntu 12.04) with most recent iemnet and Pd compiled
> from source, but also with Pd-0.43.3-extended.
>
> When using netcat as UDP client, I can start sending packets from the
> server immediately.

are you sure?
because i cannot.
i get exactly the behaviour you just described, but when using netcat as
both client and server.

fgasrdmn
IOhannes