[PD] wireless audio from Pd to PA system (katja)

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 21:24:02 CET 2013

Apparently, Line 6 managed to build a digital 2.4 GHz wireless with <4 ms
latency, the Relay G30, G50 etc . They do not write it in the specs, but
most users don't notice latency and when they do, their support is speaking
of latency as low as that:

http://line6.com/support/thread/33898

This weekend I will do some WiFi experiments and see how fast it can go
locally, using mrpeach udp and tcp classes. If it works, one could use a
wireless router which has no other task than routing Pd audio, and the
computer at the receiving end could be a cheap headless board with no other
task than receiving Pd audio and converting it to analog. Together the
receiving device could be the size of a weight-watcher's lunch box, while
at the transmitter side the computer's built-in stuff is used. Maybe I'm a
bit naive here, anyway I'll report results from experiments.

Katja