[PD] check this out

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sat Mar 2 02:42:28 CET 2013

EMG is potentially capable of this and with adequate filtering techniques
there are papers out there that allow for fairly accurate detection of
finger motions. More so, the video shows use of very distinct hand
positions. In other words, it is not the gesture but hand shape that can be
read accurately and interpreted. I suspect it also has a gyro/accelerometer
that works in tandem with multiple EMG sensing points.