[PD] Saving camera dialog

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 14:34:02 CET 2013

Don't really get it. I'm sending [enumProps( to [pix_video], but if I do
that before anything else I get the following error message: [pix_video]:
cannot enumerate properties without a valid video-device
If I set the desired camera via [dialog( I get nothing...
What I wanna do is use a PS3 eye camera for a live performance, but I'd
rather use Pd -nogui. The only way though I can choose this camera is to
first create and render a [gemwin], destroy it and then send [dialog( to
[pix_video], which won't be possible without the gui.
So, to put my initial question in other words, how is it possible to set a
camera other than the built in, without the gui?