[PD] Hercules Muse Pocker LT / Raspberry Pi

Alexandre Saunier saunier.alexandre at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 5 16:52:24 CET 2013

Hi everyone,

I've been testing the Hercules Muse Pocket LT usb sound device on a Rasberry Pi (wheezy).
In short:

- I got it to output six channels with pd but the sound quality is really poor (no matter what the audiobuffer, blocksize... are)

- I then slowed down the usb (dwc_otg.speed=1). I can get a good stereo output (though a faint sine can be heard)
but when trying four channels pd outputs:
    ALSA output error (snd_pcm_hw_params): Invalid argument
    Unable to determine current swparams for output: Input/output error
and with 6 channels:
    read other error -77

Would anyone has any idea whether or not something can be done about that?
Otherwise I'll go buy a newer and better working sound card :)

Cheers!
alx