[PD] found how to reproduce Pd-ext 0.43.4 Tcl Invalid Command Name error

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Thu Mar 7 02:02:21 CET 2013

hey,

dunno if you remember, but I still have this error (below) and now I
managed to make a small patch that reproduces it (attached).
It seems related to the <Hide> flag for a 2nd level nested GOP patch.

it'd be great if somebody could test it on linux and mac.
I'm on Ubuntu Lucid 10.04, pd-ext 0.43.4

how to reproduce:

- launch MAIN-graph-bug.pd
- click the bang to open a subpatch (if it doesn't at startup)
- close the subpatch
- close MAIN-graph-bug.pd

at this point Pd throws the error as below. Only the GUI freezes, the patch
is  unusable and have to kill it, by closing pd.

\\\\\\\\\\\\
(Tcl) INVALID COMMAND NAME: invalid command name ".x996ebd0.c"
while executing
".x996ebd0.c delete graph996f4b0i0"
 ("uplevel" body line 1)
 invoked from within
"uplevel #0 $cmds_from_pd"
\\\\\\\\\\\\

How to avoid it:

- launch MAIN-graph-bug.pd
- click the bang to open a subpatch (if it doesn't at startup)
- open the subpatch
- open the further subpatch <anlz.scope~>
- flag hide object name and argument
- save
-close pd
- restart the patch and the error disappear

It is worth noting that the error I get with the Xth Sense software looks
similar but has different tags (see below). And I can't reproduce this one
error using a subpatch including a graph or iem_image (which I use in the
Xth Sense)

\\\\\\\\\\\\
(Tcl) INVALID COMMAND NAME: invalid command name ".x9c4d3b0.c"
while executing
".x9c4d3b0.c create image 900 776 -image a4304c0PHOTOIMAGE -tags
a4304c0PHOTO
 ("uplevel" body line 283)
 invoked from within
"uplevel #0 $cmds_from_pd"

should i submit a different bug report or add to the one I did already?

thanks in advance for any hint,
this is forcing me to still use pd-ext 0.42.5 during my workshop, which is
a shame :)

--
Marco Donnarumma
New Media + Sonic Arts Practitioner, Performer, Teacher, Director.