[PD] Model A RPi works w/ Pure Data

me.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 17:18:36 CET 2013

> Anyone know if GEM will ever work on a Pi?

needs to be ported for opengl-es.

pdp would be much easier to get working, i believe. I have messed with it a bit.

pdp_sdl creates a window but the height is only 1px tall. other than
that i can play a video, create some noise etc, but again its only 1px
tall.

pdp_xv would be ideal but the rpi has no xvideo extension afaik. not
sure what this would take or if an xvideo extension can be added.

also whatever happens with pdp or gem needs to to be processed via gpu
otherwise its pretty useless. pdp_sdl, even at 1px height, was maxing
the cpu, so even that might not be too useful.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 1:38 PM, tefman prosk <teftec3d at gmail.com> wrote:
> A thank you for all the info here in the form of more info that you may not
> know......
>
> The Details of my Test of RPi A
> Using cheap Sabrent USB audio (lists as CB109  Generic USB Audio device)
> out only...
> 44.1khz/ 22m /64
> Fooling around w/ shepard tone patch and 1 ADC from arduino (firmata) gives
> me about
> 60-70% CPU load w/ GUI running no SSH.  Will try the same w/ behringer
> interface when it shows up.
> hoping to get audio in working.
>
> Coolest thing: Just popped in a Model B sd card w/ everything installed. It
> booted no problem, and just worked.
> maybe just a bit faster...
>
> Regular audio out still stinks.....
>
> Anyone know if GEM will ever work on a Pi?
>
>  Best -Stefan Prosky

m.e.grimm | m.f.a | ed.m.
megrimm at gmail.com