[PD] Ultrasonic Range Finder

Alexandre Saunier saunier.alexandre at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 12 14:32:11 CET 2013

Hi Julian,

As for the URF, I can't give you any infos but I've been using Maxbotix's indoor sensors a few times.

One
 thing you really want to take into acount is the fact that sensors
interract with each others, you therefore need to chain them properly.
You might want to take a look at power filters too.
Maxbotix's tutorial page has been quite useful to me so far.

As to get the infos to pd, I've been using these sensors with a raspberry pi.
My option has been to collect the data from the RPi's GPIO using python and then send them to pd using OSC.
I'm starting to write small tutorials explaining what I've been through, if you use the RPi too I'd be happy to point them to you.

Have fun,
Alex