[PD] hcs/screensize doesn't work w/ -nogui

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 12 17:28:39 CET 2013

>________________________________
> From: Marco Donnarumma <devel at thesaddj.com>
>To: pd-list at iem.at
>Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 8:49 PM
>Subject: [PD] hcs/screensize doesn't work w/ -nogui
>

>any particular reason why it doesn't?

It relies on tcl/tk to measure the screen size.  When you don't load the
gui, you don't load tcl/tk, and thus you are stripped of the tool you need
to get the screen size.

>you can try to run the help patch, add a [stdout], relaunch the help patch with -nogui.
>
>I'm making a simple splashscreen with a gem -nogui patch, and it needs to render the image in the center of the screen.
>I know I could use [shell], but I'd rather a cross-platform solution.
>
>can I fix the screensize object or is there another object I'm not aware of?

Does the tclpd library execute with the -nogui flag?  If so it should be pretty
simple to use that to return the screensize.

-Jonathan