[PD] Ultrasonic Range Finder

Alexandre Saunier saunier.alexandre at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 12 19:19:26 CET 2013

Hi Julian,

The WRM1 seems to work the same way as the ones I know. I'd be interested to know how it reacts and what you do with it!

My git hub is alx-s.
I've just added athe RPi_tutorials repo (https://github.com/alx-s/RPi_tutorials) with a first tutorial concerning OSC bewtween python and pd.
Keep in mind I'm new to git and I write the tutorials as I work. If you spot any mistake, have, suggestion or have anything to add, ..., please tell me!
That's all I've written for today but others will come by the end of the week (GPIO, using Maxbotix...). Good luck with it ;)

Have fun,
Alex

>________________________________
> De : Julian Brooks <jbeezez at gmail.com>
>

>I'm thinking this one
>
>XL-MaxSonar - WRM1
>look forward to checking tutorials.  What's your github address?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Julian
>

>On 12 March 2013 14:35, Alexandre Saunier <saunier.alexandre at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>'Power filters' are simple RC filters you can solder directly on the sensor, they help eliminating electric noise. Since the analog output of the sensor depends on the voltage with which it is fed, the cleaner the  supply voltage, the better the analog output.
>>I don't know which sensor you're gonna us, but assuming it works like the MB1000 or MB1200, you will find a lot of useful tips inside the datasheet and in the tutorial page.
>>
>>I'll start cleaning up my mess and a few short tutorials should be on my github by this evening.
>>
>>Best,
>>Alex
>>

>>>________________________________
>>> De : Julian Brooks <jbeezez at gmail.com>
>>>

>>>Hi Alex,
>>>
>>>Many thanks for the info.
>>>
>>>What are 'power filters'?
>>>
>>>Yes on RPi, so tutorials would be very helpful.
>>>
>>>Best wishes,
>>>
>>>Julian
>>>

>>>On 12 March 2013 13:32, Alexandre Saunier <saunier.alexandre at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>Hi Julian,

 thing you really want to take into acount is the fact that sensors
interract with each others, you therefore need to chain them properly.