[PD] Send Key Commands to PD w/ -nogui without X (from console)

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 14 21:27:44 CET 2013

----- Original Message -----

I don't understand networking very well, but it looks like the netreceive
has to bind to the port first, and I think your script only waits until pd
process sucessfully starts (i.e., doesn't wait for it to load the patch) before
doing 'pdsend'.

Quick and dirty:
(pd -open netreceive-help.pd &); sleep 5 && pdsend 3000

That way pdsend waits five seconds before executing, and the patch
should be loaded by then.

Maybe there's a shell guru here who can tell you how to wrap it up in
a script that automatically sends messages on each keydown event. :)

-Jonathan