[PD] found how to reproduce Pd-ext 0.43.4 Tcl Invalid Command Name error

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Fri Mar 15 12:21:54 CET 2013

hey,

> That bug is not related, though I might look similar.  Any time you see
> things like .x2415b0 those are the unique IDs that Pd uses for each Window
> in the GUI.  ".x2415b0: no such object" basically means that Pd is trying
> to send a command to a window in the GUI, but that window does not
> currently exist (like it was closed) and Pd didn't get the message about
> that window closing.

Ok, thanks for explaining, so now I can read it properly.

Can we say it is a bug, or my code is forcing Pd into something it doesn't
know how to handle?

> This patch is a nice clear example, so it should be possible to track the
> bug down.  Marco, if you haven't already, can you add that patch tarball to
> a bug report in the tracker?  A reference to this thread would also be
> helpful.

Yes, sure. Will do it now.
But I'll open a new bug report, since this bug is different than the very
first one I posted.
Still connected to a closed window which Pd can't communicate with though.

thanks!