[PD] More Sensor Questions inc libfreenect on the Rpi

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 21:20:33 CET 2013

Hey Ryuta,

Yes, we'd thought about PIR's.  My understanding, and I'd be happy to be
proved wrong, is that they are either 'on' or 'off', motion or no-motion.

And this case what we'd really like is to be able to detect motion but also
depth (3d) so we can measure whether something is moving towards and away
from the chimes with a proportional representation of force.  Then ideally
lateral movement too so, say, someone waves their arm from side to side
that that could also be measured.

Tricky & challenging on such a lightweight machine, particularly with no
GEM, but I guess that's also part of the fun:)

Many thanks for your suggestion though.

All the best,

Julian