[PD] More Sensor Questions inc libfreenect on the Rpi

martin.peach at sympatico.ca martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 15 21:30:18 CET 2013

Maybe check out these things:

http://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/D6T44L06/Z3637-ND/3671589

It gives you a 4X4 pixel temperature image, and unlike the PIR sensor, it can detect motionless warm objects.

Martin

Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 20:20:33 +0000
From: jbeezez at gmail.com
To: ron.taa at gmail.com
CC: pd-list at iem.at
Subject: Re: [PD] More Sensor Questions inc libfreenect on the Rpi

Hey Ryuta,

Yes, we'd thought about PIR's.  My understanding, and I'd be happy to be proved wrong, is that they are either 'on' or 'off', motion or no-motion.

And this case what we'd really like is to be able to detect motion but also depth (3d) so we can measure whether something is moving towards and away from the chimes with a proportional representation of force.  Then ideally lateral movement too so, say, someone waves their arm from side to side that that could also be measured.

Tricky & challenging on such a lightweight machine, particularly with no GEM, but I guess that's also part of the fun:)

Many thanks for your suggestion though.

All the best,

Julian