[PD] [GEM] pix_record .mov files and codecs

Jaime Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 21:37:05 CET 2013

hi everyone,

I am recording video files from GEM processes, but now have a severe
incompatibility issue. I know it is being recorded correctly because I can
read the files from within GEM, but no external player seems to be able to
open it (i.e. vlc player in both ubuntu and os x)

The message from vlc in ubuntu is:
"
No suitable decoder module:
VLC does not support the audio or video format "RTJ0". Unfortunately there
is no way for you to fix this.
:

pix_record is using default codecs / settings.

I am recording these videos on pd 0.43-4 and recent Gem (for some reason it
does not report the version but it was downloaded in sept-2012, so
recent-ish.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Since the files work in Gem I can re-encode them into the correct codec,
but which one is that...

best,

Jaime