[PD] Large File Support on Linux (was: readsf fails to read 32 bits float wav)

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Sat Mar 16 22:51:16 CET 2013

Hi,

after some research, it seems more related to the size of the file after
all. I thought the problem was 32 bits files because it worked when I
converted them to 16 bits. But it was just the file size dropped under
2gb.

To sum up: a file over about 2Gb fails to open. This is related to how
Linux handles large files on 32 bits systems.

On my test patch I get the "done" bang as soon as I send the "start"
message.

Reading the code, it looks like the s_path.c/sys_open() oflags is
missing O_LARGEFILE support. pd-extended and pd-l2ork suffer from the
same.

Am I right there's no Large File Support for pd on 32 bits Linux ? If so
that's a major shortcoming, and something a bit heavy to fix. Does it
work out of the box on 64 bits linux ?

Thanks,

--
Charles