[PD] [PD-announce] Pd-extended 0.43.4 released!

olsen raumkundschafter at hasa-labs.org
Mon Mar 18 16:43:09 CET 2013

Hi Hans

I just got my hands on an OSX 10.7.5 and a 10.6.8 system and with 0.43.4 there
seems to be a problem with Gem - e.g. opening the help of [pix_film] gives me
the following error:

[pix_film] now mogie decoding backends found
gemglutwindow
... couldn't create

any idea?

thanks & salutis
Olsen

On 01/29/2013 09:36 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Its time to announce the next big Pd-extended release, 0.43.4!  This release
> has the most new features of any release before, so many annoyances are gone,
> many new tools help you patch, and.  There will be more updates to cover some
> of the new features here, in the form of news items on puredata.info, blog
> posts, screencasts and more.
>

> Download here for all platforms (Debian, Mac OS X, Mint, Raspbian, Ubuntu,
> Windows, and of course the source code):
> http://puredata.info/downloads/pd-extended/releases/0.43.4
>
> For Debian/Ubuntu/Mint/etc., you can add an apt source by following the
> instructions at the top of the page here:
> http://puredata.info/docs/faq/debian
>

> ChangeLog
> -------
>
> Here you can get a good overview in what has changed, so you know where to
> find out more.
>

> changes since 0.43.1
> --------------------
>   * search-plugin included by default
>   * improved audio performance on Mac and Windows, Mac now uses half the
>     CPU when idle (portaudio update)
>   * (Windows) full unicode support
>   * support full unicode MIDI device names (portmidi)
>   * many completed translations
>   * many bugfixes
>

> changes since 0.42.5
> --------------------
>
> == changes to the editor ==
>
>   * GUI Plugins! can customize a wide array of features of the editor
>   * Autotips in Edit Mode to get information about inlets, outlets, and objects
>   * Magic Glass to snoop on messages as they pass thru connections
>   * Search everything! Thanks to Jonathan Wilkes' search plugin, now included
>     by default
>   * full Unicode support throughout Pd (there are still some layout issues
>     with right-to-left alphabets and character-based languages)
>   * fully localizable GUI, with full translations for French, German, Japanese,
>     Italian, and Greek
>   * full interface translations with limited search translation for Catalan,
>     Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), Danish, German, Hungarian, Korean,
>     Portuguese (Brazil), Slovak, Spanish, Spanish (Mexico)
>   * partial translations for: Russian, Turkish
>   * contribute to translations: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/puredata/
>   * paths are no longer saved in the preferences. Use the [path] or
>     [declare -path] objects, or use the standard global install locations
>   * complete Tcl/Tk 8.5 support and integration
>   * drastically improved Pd window logging/print performance (1000 lines/sec
>     and you can still patch)
>   * Ctrl-click/Cmd-click error messages in Pd window to find the object with
>     the error
>   * five log levels and dynamic filtering of Pd window log ('fatal, error,
>     normal, debug, all')
>   * library loading printed to Pd window at level 'debug' so the Pd window
>     is blank when Pd-extended starts
> [...]

ETs DNA will not be televised
http://hasa-labs.org