[PD] Large File Support on Linux

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Wed Mar 20 18:02:13 CET 2013

On further thought, I don't think it's even possible to change open_via_path()
to use open64() and maintain even source compatibility for externs - if
one of them calls lseek or fstat we're sunk - and I don't see any robust
way of aliasing those calls to lseek64() etc.

I'm now realizing too that I don't know what approaches the Mac and Microsoft
pltforms are taking to large file support - I think any solution will have to
somehow address all of the platforms.

For right now I'd like a way to fix 0.44's sfread~ - I'm thinking I can do
that internally to d_soundfile.c so as to cause the least possible disruption
in a 'bugfix' pd release (probably 0.44-3).

cheers
Miller