[PD] some issues with dynamic patching

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 12:25:35 CET 2013

On Sam, 2013-03-23 at 15:39 +0200, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
> Concerning [loadbang] you should use [initbang] instead AFAIK. But
> that's not vanilla.

There are two separate issues to be considered:

[initbang] should be used when you dynamically create xlets within an
abstraction, so that those are created before the connections of the
parent are drawn.

I think what OP means is that [loadbang]s in dynamically created
abstractions do not fire too late, but not at all. Whether this is a
feature or a bug is not clear to me, but it is the current behavior
which has been discussed many times on this list. To me this behavior
actually makes sense. It allows you to first create many instances of
the abstraction dynamically and only then let them loadbang by sending a
'loadbang' message to their canvasses.

Roman