[PD] Ardour as a vst host for pd manipulation?

Jm Jones juanmjv at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 02:36:00 CET 2013

Hi, Im a long time linux user but in the music area im stuck to
windows. I use Ableton live and my actual interest is to control
virtual instruments hosted by Live with pd and then record them.
My notebook is not super powerful (2 core, 2gb ram) and i tough that
maybe Linux will be more stable in a live performance involving PD,
Gem and a vst host.
So, is linux really more stable/faster, specially in the GEM area (i
find it very resource hungry)? and is Ardour a good alternative for
Live as a host? I just read that Ardour 3 is finally out, seems a big
update.
This is not a windows vs linux or ardour vs live, i want to know the
real experience of people in this kind of workflow. Of course that
ableton is for live situations and ardour a clasic DAW, but in this
case the clip launching of live isn't necessary.

--
JM Jones