[PD] vanilla replacement for polygate~ ?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Mar 26 09:22:13 CET 2013

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 10:22:43PM +0100, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
> On 22/03/13 22:35, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> >>________________________________

You can set the name for [throw~], though. But for a [polygate~] variant one would use
the settable [r~] anyway, I suppose. The idea would be:

 [soundgen~ 1]

 [s~ s-1]

 [soundgen~ 2]

 [s~ s-2]

 [set s-1(
 |  [set s-2(
 | /
 |/
 [r~ s-1]

 [dac~]

But it's still no polygate~: You get nocrossfades and of course no [inlet~]s.

I'd just just patch a [dekagate~] abstraction with 10 fixed inputs and proper
fading for Pd vanilla. It's useful to have anyway and you only do it once.

Ciao