[PD] Sensors GPIO Raspberry Pi Pd

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 11:31:14 CET 2013

Hi all,

We've been after some sensors for motion detection on the RPi and Martin
Peach spotted these (thanks again Martin!)

http://uk.farnell.com/omron-electronic-components/d6t-44l-06/sensor-thermal-mems-4x4/dp/2218000

They're fairly new and I've not been able to find anything about anyone
making use of them on the RPi as of yet (though after posting a question on
the RPi forum I did note that Farnells stock went from 48 the 4 in three
days, so maybe something soon eh?:).

I've got absolutely no idea what I'm doing with this so could do with some
'hand-holding'.

What I would much prefer would be to keep everything within Pd if
possible...

1st off, and possibly dumb question - do we need [hid]? - My previous
experience with xbee sensors did, so this is why I'm asking.

There are a few mentions of using python to get the data received on the Pi
and then OSC'ing that into Pd but Miller mentioned on another thread
"gpio on the raspberry pi from within pd ?"
about writing an external to keep it within Pd.  Any news/progress/tips on
that front?

In the same thread Charles Goyard seems to have it working with [textfile],
which seems far too simple (I'd very much like that if that was the case)

The sensor transmits the data as i2c but I haven't found anything in the
archives particularly about anyone translating i2c directly in Pd yet?

We're going to fire the sensors up and see what happens in an hour or so
and then come back to it tonight for a proper session so any and all
pointers gratefully accepted.

I'll be back to let you know our 1st results soon.

Cheers,

Julian