[PD] Sensors GPIO Raspberry Pi Pd

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 22:17:09 CET 2013

Hey Martin,

Good to hear you've got one of these too.

Yes I meant [comport] with the xbee rather than [hid] sorry, getting my
physical input objects confused.

Will check out the links you provided as part of my getting up to speed.

So, managed to get the sensors out of the cardboard box.  They are tiny.
Like little sci-fi robot eyes.

1st problem is that we don't have any of these:
'JST (Japan Solderless Terminals) - PHR-4 - Housing, 4way, 2mm

http://uk.farnell.com/jst-japan-solderless-terminals/phr-4/housing-4way-2mm/dp/3616204

Which is a vital £0.04.6 of equipment as the sensors pins are way too tiny
to be poking bits of wire into.  These attach to the bottom of the board
and then 2mm cabling attaches to them and out to the Pi.

Got some off ebay as farnell has a £20 minimum spend that's a bit over
getting 10 of those suckers.  So going to have to wait a few more days as I
can't find any in my vicinity at all.  Bollocks.

We did put our pi prototype/breadboard together though:

http://www.coolcomponents.co.uk/catalog/raspberry-proto-plate-p-1104.html

which will be useful for experimenting.

Off to gen up on i2c, python and other such things I currently know nothing
about.

Back soon with further info.

Cheers,

Julian