[PD] gpio on the raspberry pi from within pd ?

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Tue Apr 2 11:35:21 CEST 2013

Hi Julian,

The commands I gave and to be run as root.
so:

sudo bash
echo gpio17 > /sys/class/gpio/export
echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio17/direction
chown charles /sys/class/gpio/gpio17/value
exit
pd &

Can you post the full command set you tried ?

It seems there's an overall consensus on running pd (and all kinds of
other stuff) as root on the pi. I don't agree with this but that's life
and I don't use the pi much anyway.

Cheers,

--
Charles