[PD] RE : Preferences Dialog

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sat Apr 6 19:29:19 CEST 2013

At the moment, Pd is hardwired so that, if one stops DSP, the audio device
is closed for ASIO, MMIO, ALSA, CoreAudio, and OSS (not sure if I'm forgetting
one :) but is kept open if the current API is jack.  THis is done so that
one doesn't lose jack connections when stopping and restarting DSP.  I don't
know of any other case when it's appropriate to keep the audio driver open
(and, by implication, keep inputting and outputing samples) when DSP isn't
running.

Anyway, it can't be brought out into the GUI without changes to Pd itself.
In general, I resist adding complexity whenever I can :)

Miller