[PD] Drawing a sine function dynamically in Gem

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 7 05:18:02 CEST 2013

----- Original Message -----

Sounds good.

Another one I'm working on:
1) Did the user click a graph?
2) If so, is there either a) a single garray or b) a single data structure array with
a single "float y" field in its template that is contained within the graph's gl_list?
3) If so, does the horizontal position of the mouse-click lie within the horizontal
bounds of an element of the garray or ds array we found in the gl_list?
4) If so, set the "y" value of the array element to the "y" position of the mouse
click.

This should allow "jump on click" for "Put" menu arrays-- something mentioned in
another thread recently, as well as easy "jump on click" data structure multisliders.

Also-- I don't think it'd be too hard to add [drawimage ./foo.gif].  It's a little trickier
because you have to remember to remove the tk photo when the object is destroyed
to prevent memory leaks.

Also, it'd be nice to have an -s flag so you can load a sequence of images with
something like [drawimage -s blah ./foo%d.gif].  The idea is that this object would
tell the gui to load foo01.gif foo02.gif etc. into memory and display whichever image
for which %d matches the value of "foo".  Then you could easily animate sprites on
a canvas!  The nice thing is that pd would just be passing an itemconfigure message
with an image name to the gui, so it should be way more efficient than sending
array data or deleting/creating polygon coords.

-Jonathan